Thursday, March 27, 2008

Everyone's a critic


I'm not always asking for a critique. Okay, yes, sometimes I am. You know, to improve my work. But if that's the case, I'll ask for it.

Otherwise I'm just looking for you to tell me how great I am.

Actually, on this subject, I once told someone I was working on a script for a short film. She asked if she could read it. It was a work in progress but, what the hell, she asked so I let her read it. Weeks later, I was dragged out for some reason (some work thing) and her boyfriend was there. Drunk. He sat beside me and for about 2 hours told me what was wrong with my script. Not that there were 2 hours of comments to make. No, 48 seconds would have done it. But he felt the need to repeat himself over and over.

And over.

Gobshite.

3 comments:

Mr. Trombley said...

Dear Sir, That is a wonderful idea for a plot! Does debriding treat Astro Andy effectively, or has the gangrene give him blood poisoning?

What kind of gangrene forms in Astro Andy? Most likely dry gangrene if it's from a wound. This would be most instructive to children, as dry gangrene is also common complication of the diabetes the little pudgy things will likely form.

Blood poisoning would be the cruelest way to kill little Andy in the situation you described, but would not be very instructive.

Mr. Trombley said...

P.S. I finally read the body of your post and found that I kind of did what you asked, and kind of did what you un-asked. I apologize for both.

Bitter Animator said...

Oh, no, don't worry about it. I'm actually talking about out in the physical world. Like when you give a friend something to read and you just want to hear that it's great.

I've been long enough on this interweb to know that, if you post something up, you better be prepared to have it torn to shreds. By all means comment, be it positive or negative.

As for the gangrene, I have to admit to not having done my homework. I must look into it. I quite like the diabetes idea though.