Monday, September 8, 2008

There must be some kind of way out of here

I would pay good money for a holiday like this. I am so tired...

Monday again. Next week is Cartoon Forum week. When I have to go somewhere or do something, I go through some very predictable stages every time and, right now, I'm at the stage where I'd really rather not go anywhere and would far rather be at home. I spent so many years digging this rut I'm in that it seems a shame to leave it, even temporarily. And going somewhere, especially where airports are involved, seems so much like hard work.

It's going to be a busy week at work preparing for this trip, which is always difficult when it's something you don't care a damn about.

This week, there is a piece of news I'm waiting for on a project that could make or break it. That, I care about. I also care about getting a little pitch document ready which I'm going to keep with me at the Forum in case I get talking to anyone interesting, broadcasters or whoever.

I had a dream last night that I had made a My Medicated Cartoon Life graphic novel based on me getting a show off the ground. It was funny but had waaaay too many pages. It would have taken me something like 5 years to actually make in reality. Oh and the fact that I could sum up my life in a small leaflet would probably mean it would be full of padding. Padding isn't good.

Oh, I was informed in the comments that my blog is being reposted on another blog (and, sure enough, it is), so if you're not reading this at www.mymedicatedcartoonlife.com or mymedicatedlife.blogspot.com/ then why not pop over to one of those and read it at the source?

Hope everyone has a good week. Or at least survives the week. Oh, and a huge congrats to Jeaux Janovsky who is having his Box Assassin Hitman published in Giant Robot magazine. There is something about Jeaux's work I adore and this is great news so pop over to his blog and send him a congratulations.

1 comment:

Jeaux Janovsky said...

"Said the Joker to the thief":
Thank you so much for the shout out bitter. I'd like to mail you the Original Box Assassin Hitman Mini-Comic in the mail. Hit me up at jeauxj(at)gmail(dot)com with an addy my friend.
Thank you for the kind words and encouragement, along with a comment on my blaaargh.
It means more to me than you'll ever know.
yr cartoon pal,
Jeaux